Nestled on the edge of the Galloway Forest Park and the UK's first Dark Sky Park, Glentrool Camping and Caravan Site is a quiet and remote site which has been established for around 30 years.
What's here at your Expedition Base Camp:
- 14 extra large, individual, hardstanding touring pitches – all with electric hook-up.
- Informal tent area with 8 electric hook-ups available (N.B. No vehicles are permitted on the tent area).
- Small basic shop on site.
- Motorhome service point.
- Bike, boot and dog wash point.
- Showers and hot water included in pitch fee.
- No extra charge for awnings or dogs.
- Laundry facilities.
- Our own (very popular) Bothy - basically a summer cabin for people to use, but not for overnight accommodation.
- kettle, microwave and fridge/freezer in the bothy.
- Two holiday static caravans for hire (small charge for pets).
- House o' Hill Hotel and excellent restaurant only 8 minutes' walk from the site.
- Glentrool Visitor Centre and Cafe within 1.5 miles.
- Dog walk area on site.
- All facilities recently installed or refurbished.
- Free WiFi.
What's not here...
- TV reception - unless you have a satellite dish.
- Children's play area.
This is a dog friendly site but please be considerate and keep your dog on a lead whilst on site and clear up your dog's mess (we provide doggy poo bags free of charge).